Easy Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream; rich and creamy lemon ice cream rippled with cream cheese, tangy-sweet lemon curd and buttery biscuits, that anyone can make!
Warm weather = ice cream.
Even if that warm weather is just gross humidity with clouds and regular spitting rain showers, ice cream is an essential. As you probably know, I’m a winter girl, so any cooling sweet food is welcome in my house at all times to quell that sticky warmth.
Shop bought ice cream is always great, and should be a staple in anyone’s freezer at this time of year. Sadly though, it can be SO damn expensive. Yes I could buy a £1 tub of old-school plain soft-scoop but sometimes I fancy something fancy and delicious, and that usually sets me back around £4.50. Daylight robbery if you ask me.
So instead of paying an hourly wage for a tub of ice cream that you know you’ll easily swallow in one sitting, why not make something yourself that costs less AND lasts longer? Now I’ve got your attention.
This vat of Easy Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream is an absolute dream. Regular lemon cheesecake is fun and all, but there’s something about hybrid desserts that makes them MUCH more exciting!
As rich and creamy as your premium ice creams, arguably even more so. Tangy with lemon and not overly sweet, and laced with the comforting crunch of buttery biscuits. Also, with some smart shopping, you can whip up this delectable no-churn frozen treat for less than the £5 price tag of some premium brands!
Have I persuaded you yet? Good.
Best of all, you don’t need some fancy ice cream maker, and you don’t need to faff around making custard. This Easy Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream mixture can be complete in under 15 minutes, then it simply needs to be frozen until you’re ready to eat it. Don’t say I’m not good to you.
To watch me make this Easy Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream, simply watch this video from my YouTube channel, or scroll down for a full written recipe:
Click on any of the images below if you need to stock up on ingredients or equipment to make this Easy Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream:
So that’s about it for this post, thanks as always for popping by!
You can follow my daily antics on social media or through my YouTube channel.
Until next time, see you later!
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream; rich and creamy lemon ice cream swirled with tangy-sweet lemon curd and buttery biscuits!
- 150g digestive biscuits or another plain biscuits
- 600ml double cream
- 150g cream cheese
- 400g tin of condensed milk (I used Carnation)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jar of lemon curd (you may not need it all!)
- Look out a large ice cream tub, loaf tin, or deep baking dish. The container should be large enough to hold about 1 litre of liquid.
- Place your biscuits inside a freezer bag, seal it, and use a rolling pin or something sturdy to bash the biscuits into chunky crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the double cream into stiff peaks using a regular or electric whisk. Do be careful not to over-whip the cream as it can split, as soon as the cream becomes thick you should stop. I speak from experience!
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon zest and vanilla until smooth.
- Add half of the whipped cream to the cheese mixture, and stir until incorporated fully.
- Add the remaining whipped cream, gently folding it through to mix in without losing too much of the airiness.
- Add two-thirds of the biscuits crumbs and a few big spoonfuls of lemon curd, and fold through again.
- Tip the ice cream mixture into your prepared container and smooth out the top. Add some more biscuit crumbs (or all if you like!) and swirls of lemon curd to the top to decorate.
- Cover with 2-3 layers of either tin foil or clingfilm (or a lid if applicable), and pop it in the freezer to firm up for 2-3 hours, or until you're ready to eat it!
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls and top with a few more biscuit crumbles.
*Why not try this with another curd or a fruit preserve instead?
You may also like…
[This post may contain affiliate links]